Re: HP Printer drivers

Leslie's comments are very interesting. I certainly didn't bother with HP
drivers when I originally installed Xy 4, having not a dream of ever
owning one. Then, at one point, I got some software that let a dot-matrix
emulate an HP through a kludgy (but workable) print to disk routine, but
that, IIRC, was for an HP II (and yes, they were wonderful workhorses;
there's one still running, albeit creakily, at the EFA office). But since
moving to Win 9x, I have several times done complete out of the box
installs of Xy under DOS, and XyWin under Win 3.1 (usually when I'm
setting up a PC afresh), installing ALL the printer drivers and then
copying the setups to ZIP or CDs. And NONE of those have LJ3.bin. BUT the
Customization Guide refers to the two LJx.bin files (p. 163) and
explicitly states (p. 182) that "the binary font files LJ.BIN and
LJ3.BIN...are shipped with XyWrite." Looks like another case of the docs
suffering from "a slight terminologiical inexactitude."
Patricia