Re: HP Printer drivers

Carl Distefano wrote:

> I vaguely recall having to manually copy LJ.BIN into my Xy4
> directory after an out-of-the-box install. This was 10 years ago,
> so the recollection isn't worth much.

Ah! I thought the same thing, but I can't quite recall either. The more
I mull this over the more I think that when Xy4 arrived, I was still
running an LJ2. We "upgraded" to an LJ3 sometime after Xy4 arrived (I
think so anyway). And I have a hunch I then downloaded the LJ3 drivers
from the website. I don't think that they were in the original install
and/or I didn't want to bother with that crappy install routine xy4
used.

BTW: The LJ3 and the subsequent LJ4 went onto the scrap heap in 2000
when we moved our offices. One of the LJ2's was still running and moved
with us. It would run another 18 months or so, in its diminished but
still effective role as a local printer for one of the editors.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)