A xy time-saver

Speaking of keystroke shortcuts, here's one thing I've done that is I think
would be very valuable for anyone.
I have a tiny routine that stores the current cursor position, so that you
can return to it after any big cursor jump. Alt-m ("m" for "Mark") simply
saves the cursor position:

Then alt-r ("r" for "Return") has the return JuMP loaded on it, so I can use it to get back to where I was before I made the big jump:
Q2

I preface all the big-jump cursor moving keystroke commands with @m:

@m,bf
@m,tf
@m,bc,s,e, ,/,/,cl
@m,xc  {because I use XC to "find next" when SE /.../ is on the command line}
This way, you can jump to the top or bottom of the file and get back to where you were quite easily.
Note for U2-users: I actually implement these by having {{5@m}} and {{5@r}}
in my U2 file, per Carl's suggestion some time ago. The .kbd file entries
then are of the form:
nn=nojm(,2,.,@,m,),bf

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx