Re: converting v4.017 diacritics -Reply

Reply to note from Tom Roche  Fri, 31 Oct
97 20:24:05 +0000

-> One further question: Would it be possible to run a search in
-> Xy4 that identifies all characters above 255, to identify such
-> problems in advance?

Take a look at the Miscellaneous Programs section of XyWWWeb
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/, specifically "Two programs that
locate extended characters". One is by Robert Holmgren, the other by
me (a routine called "L3", which is part of TRIO.ZIP). I'm not fresh
on how Robert's works, but I know that L3, when run against a file,
will find and list all Ascii characters outside of the 32-127 range,
including all XyWrite 3-byte characters built on Ascii 254 or 255.
One or both of these programs may fit the bill.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/