XyWin

Well, I tried launching XyWin (not properly configured, and from my
flash drive) on XP. And it worked. Lots of error messages, because of
the misconfiguration, but it opened and let me open and close a file and
quit. Unfortunately, I cannot give a complete report on the hardware of
this PC (because installing printer drivers was a nightmare, and the
Generic/Text driver and the fax driver are badly confused, so neither
works; one needs the generic/Text driver to "print" the report from
Device Manager), but here's what the docs say:
Mobo: Asus K8V Se Deluxe, socket 754 for AMD Athlon 64 and AMD Sempron.
CPU: AMD Sempron 3100 (1800 MHz)
Chipset: VIA K8T800 and VIA VT8337
BIOS: AMI Vers. 1004.006
RAM: 512 DDR PC3200
OpSys: XP Pro with Service Packs through 8/4/04
If anyone else has gotten XyWin running under XP, it might well help if he or she listed as much of the hardware as can be discovered. I seem to recall that when we tried to gather this info before, everyone who reported success was running on AMD CPUs.

Patricia M. Godfrey