Re: XyWin

Paul Ambos wrote:
I have a similar inability to run XyWin on one of my computers, a Dell
desktop, for reasons no-one has been able to diagnose.
and Harry wrote:
XW.EXE still does nothing when clicked on, when RUN or when launched from a C: prompt.
We've been round this mulberry bush numerous times. Some people can run
XyWin under XP and some cannot. I'm noticing that most of those who
cannot seem to be trying on Dell PCs. (OK, OK, I have a feud going with
Dell. But that's what seems to be the case.).
I'm thinking of trying try to configure XyWin to Carl's Portable configuration, so I can try to run it off my flash drive on the XP box here at the office. But is that doable? Or is Portable just for XyDos? XyWin seems to have some hard-coded paths in its dlg files. Can I edit them? Or should those references be moved to XyStart.int?

If I can get it running, we will have good
evidence that there's a hardware component to the incompatibility. If
not, it probably is XP, though I would love to know what those who
succeed are doing differently.

Patricia M. Godfrey