Back To The Future

Jim,

Was there ever any word regarding my demonstration (in _two_ Uploads) that
XY4DOS's implementation of the MasterSoft filters has been --
*in addition to being woefully out-of-date* -- just plain non- functional?
(Well, I don't know about _all_ of the filters, but the ones for WORD and Word
Imperfect sure don't work, so I have my doubts about the rest ...). I even
went to the trouble of sending a sample from the source document. Never heard
anything further about it.

Next, I have a question about carrying over custom HELP frames from ver. 3.5x.
You recently mentioned that this is possible via a U2 file, as of ver. 4.015
(which I have), and no matter the type of frame it should be o.k., except for a
display problem at the bottom. I haven't tried this lately, but when I tried it
before 4.015, I had a display problem of a different kind. The instructional
text that I had in one of the older frames tended to display 1 character wide
at the left margin,

l i k e

s o

Not terribly readable. It did not seem to matter what I did, vis-a-vis altering
the format- ting. Was I overlooking something simple & dumb, or are there
some other rule changes regarding frame display I should know about?

Lastly, I'm wondering what else feature-wise -- if anything -- that was
deleted in the transition from 3.5x to IV, may be due for restor- ation in the
future? I miss the 'Single Shot' feature, since I had over time developed a
whole table of macros for it. And though I never personally got into that
whole thing about placing XPL directly into the .Kbd file, I _might have_
wanted to, down the line.