Re: off topic--DSL provider question

"David B. Kronenfeld" wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about DirectTV DSL service, or have any
> experience with it.

No, but this is a satellite-TV Co. (which recently merged with Dish Network, or

so I'm told), so I'm wondering if their DSL comes via the satellite dish they
put
in, or if they use the phone lines.

> How good is the service, the company, and so forth. And does some dial-up
> service (for traveling, etc.) come with it--and, if so, national,
> international or ... ?

Don't really know, but I saw some ratings somewhere recently (of them re
delivery
of TV programming), and it was on the mediocre side -- not much different from
a lot of the cable-TV Co.s we tend to gripe about.

Jordan