Re: Xy4 Conversion Filters

Jordan, Mastersoft has not been working on XyWrte filters for some time,
probably due to contract issues,etc. In any event, we are now working with
them once again, and are putting together a list of problems for their review.
In the past, Mastersoft has been very responsive and timely with resolutions.
BTW, you metioned some sample files... but you did not include an nclosure
for me to get. Please upload the files at your earliest convenience.

Concerning the dictionary, thesaurus issue... we have maintained those versions
of the files due to the success which we have had with them. As a matter of
interest, a recent Software Digest *benchmark* rated the speed of our
dictionary as the best overall. In a document spell, XyWrite for Windows (same
dictionary as previous) completed the process in 8.7 seconds. This compares
with Word for Windows at 139.1 seconds and Wordperfect at 30.5 seconds. Albeit
the report did not go into the content of the dictionaries, etc. After a bit
of research I found that there are updated files at Microlytics. I also found
that we would need to restructure our internal code to access these newer
versions. The fact that we have not yet embarked on this project could be
construed as a cost cutting measure, but then again when I look at all the
requests which would involve development time, I can understand why this is not
currently a scheduled project.

SysOp