Re: The Future Of XyWin

Jordan, there has been strong sentiment concerning the complete control of the
keyboard file under Windows. I wish I could provide more optimistic news, but
as I mentioned to a few other individuals here, we do not currently have this
item on our development schedule. I have spoken with our head programmer about
this issue, as well as the fervor over it. He acknowledges the fact that
several key (or combinations) are lost, however, in the initial design stages
of this product we had to make certain concessions in order to bring the
product in line with Windows conventions. We felt that the product we
delivered provided a good balance between the traditional XyWrite power and the
Windows conventions. It would be ideal if we could provide some kind of default
which would allow the user to choose between the two. We have discussed it
here but it will not be on the schedule for some time due to current
development priorities.

SysOp