Re: Postscript

Jordan,

The door may be shut on Postscript, but as already noted, loading an HP LJ driver in either xy3 or 4 is automatically detected by vdos, and will produce a formatted on-screen pdf, which will observe all PCL6 features supported by the xy driver, including proportional fonts and microspacing.  That pdf can in turn be printed through Windows to any Windows printer.  This system can also be configured to print directly to the printer, rather than to screen.

There are also better alternatives to either vdos native printing (in the June 2016 build) or dosprinter (earlier vdos versions), for printing monospaced text.  One such alternative is a freeware program called Winprint, but unless there's a reason to go into the matter....

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:39 PM
Subject: Postscript

Hello Jordan,

Postscript can be a tricky to set up at the Xy level, but once we have a
PCL solution that produces a Postscript lookalike PCL code that can be
converted automatically to Postscript and PDFs by the GhostPCL driver,
we have a working solution. So I think this is the easier way to proceed!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx