Re: Lindows PC

At 14:45 Uhr -0000 16.01.2003, Patricia M Godfrey wrote:
>	Mac OS X is indeed *nix (useful term, that, and new to me; thanks,
>Robert), but tightly linked to the Mac hardware. I have seen a few
>columns urging Apple to port it to Wintel and other architectures, or
>hoping that it would, but no sign that Jobs & Co. are listening.
>Patricia

 ...and no wonder. The last time, Apple tried to turn into a pure software
company and give up control of the hardware, they almost bankrupt. That is
why Steve Jobs was called back in, and rescued the company. Remember the
"Orange" and all that?
The idea that Apple could turn into Microsoft 2 is simply an illusion. They
stay alive by being Apple. And in order to do that, they have to refuse El
Cheapos to come in and port Apple software onto assorted Intel hardware
screwed together god-knows-where.

--
-- Rene