Lindows PC

Just heard about another "Linux for Dummies" effort: Xandros Desktop
(find.pcworld.com/32726) includes an install routine, Mozilla, Open
Office,and Cross-Over Office ("which allows you to install Microsoft
Office 97 and 2000"), but is built on KDE 2.2, which is not the latest
version.
	Mac OS X is indeed *nix (useful term, that, and new to me; thanks,
Robert), but tightly linked to the Mac hardware. I have seen a few
columns urging Apple to port it to Wintel and other architectures, or
hoping that it would, but no sign that Jobs & Co. are listening.
Patricia