Re: Protection violation boxes

** Reply to note from rrr@xxxxxxxx (Rene v. Rentzell ) Sun, 15 Dec 1996 07:30:39 +0900 (JST)

>>Re: Endless "Protection violation" boxes

> Boy, am I glad to meet a fellow sufferer. The experts hereabouts
> don't seem to have the problem. How do they avoid it?

Everybody gets them. There aren't solutions. I gave up on XyWin almost
immediately. Struggled mightily, couldn't find workarounds, chucked it.
Many had the same experience; and few really remember how XyWIn works
(it's been a long time) -- which is why nobody responds to these
cries for help. Too bad, too, because XyWin has promise. A few crucial
fixes, and it would have been alright. The dunderheads in charge paid no
heed, couldn't be bothered, issued one minor bug fix and walked away from
the product. XyWrite for DOS v4.017 is a better editor, with most of the
XyWin functionality, sans the Windows (what could be better?).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx