Re: Xydos to Quark?

A few years back I managed a desktop publishing operation that output
4-5000 pages a year in Quark 3.2 using XYWrite 3+ input. The operation
was totally PC.

Your solution might lie in pre-tagging the XYWrite file with Quark tags
(XTG) and naming the file with the .XTG extension. We had a series of
XYWrite save-gets that took XYWrite codes (e.g. , ) and
replaced them with Quark tags. The Quark version 3 owners manual lists
these
tags in its appendix.

All that was necessary to import the files into Quark was to choose
"Xpress
Tags (*.XTG)" in the "Get Text" menu item.

Sheldon Factor