Re: Xydos to Quark?

Dear Ms. Davidsen,

Yes, that is what I meant. The file you save in Word format can be sent
to your client just as it is saved. However, you won't be able to see it
in Word, so you are sending something that you have not examined. If
your client is willing to do some experiments with you, this is one you
should try early on. If it works (and it should), you can be pretty
confident that your client will be satisfied. My only reservations about
this apply more to chemical and mathematical text, where symbols are
likely to be mangled by filters that transpose one format into another.
As I recall, you said that your text was pretty straightforward, so you
should have little trouble sending a word file downloaded from XYwrite.
If you have time, let me know how it turns out.
Good luck,

Jan C. Prager

Judith Davidsen wrote:

> "Jan C. Prager" wrote:
> >
> >... The solution then was to save the XYwrite files in Word Perfect format, and import them directly. Note that I did not have to have Word Perfect on my computer to do this.
>
> Should I take this to mean that I might be able to save my
> Xydos files in Word even if I no longer have Word on my
> computer? I do intend to ask the tech person to do some
> experiments with me, and if saving to Word without actually
> having Word is possible...
>
> Thanks for the thought.
>
> Judith Davidsen
begin:vcard
n:Prager;Jan C.
tel;fax:phone first
tel;home:401-789 0116
tel;work:401-789 0116
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;57 West Park Lane;Kingston;RI;02881-1798;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jcprager@xxxxxxxx
fn:Jan C. Prager
end:vcard