FORMS MODE BUG??

I think I've discovered a bug that goes all the way back to XyWrite II. If you
load a form file, XyWrite doesn't allow editing of the template part of the
form, which is the whole point. But if you press the tab key enough times (and
our users will do that if they get frustrated) XyWrite leaves FORMS mode,
allowing users to mess up the template and defeating FORMS mode's usefulness.
Is this a bug? ) Or an undocumented "feature"? How can I prevent
"less-informed" users from trashing my forms file?