Re: shortcuts in fiction

>Any other fiction writers here?

>Jo

oh yeah. I started writing novels and screenplays on XyWrite back when XyW II was in flower. Even
used Styles to work up a screenplay formatter before there standalone dedicated programs to do the
same.  I used a mixture of SaveGets and autoreplace.

I have a similar feeling about the flow of the words, but I do find that using autoreplace on
occurrences like "becuase" for "because" makes rereading newly composed text on
screen (which I do lot as I write) much easier. I also like it for expanding complicated names, and
phrases like "District Attorney's office" (which I also have used a lot in some books).
I am a confirmed 3.55 user. And I am finding all this back-and-forth about platforms and operating
systems to be greatly useful.  My thanks to all.

And an appeal: if anyone out there has an upgrade disk to take Win98 to 98SE, I would dearly love
to borrow it (or rent it, or buy it). I have two computers that I need to write on but that are
nearly crippled for any other use if stuck in 98.

Thanks again to all

Philip Friedman