Re: Development??

>Yes, for C I use xyW v3.52, my earliest, for the smallest possible kernel. I
>haven't tried v4 because I haven't configured my EMM386 for EMS and would
>expect to run into memory probs. Do you have a dual boot installation on a
>stand-alone PC? Which is to ask, can you load just xyDos 4 and your compiler
>with no TSRs, unix, or os/2 things that might introduce bizarro stuff?

  Oh sure, I can dual boot to straight dos, but that's not the
problem. If you look at a XY4 file, with some other text editor,
or file viewer, you will see a lot of extraneous stuff at the
bottom of the file. What else it does tho, when I try to edit a
file, say for the vax vms system, is that it adds, somehow, a
hard carriage return to each and every line, which, when loaded
back up to the vax, totally does not work.
 Ken F. just said that maybe I have DOCINFO turned on -- which
could be, I haven't checked yet -- in fact, have no idea what it
even is -- but if they are using XY4 and XYW to program, then
obviously I have something configured differently.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.