Politics on Xy

Etiquette: Some of us are leftists, some of us are pro-capitalists. This is
a list about XyWrite. Given that, it is plain wrong to drop in politically
inflammatory statements like "Hell, Bush talks about "sacrifice" and
"heroism" in Iraq, but that doesn't mean anyone on the ground sees it as
other than a sacrifice of lower class men and high cost materiel for the
sake of Oil and the worldwide cultural conquest we've been prosecuting
since WW2."
Logic: It is Ad Hominem, Circumstantial , to divert the issue of whether
something is appropriate by responding with "My critic did the same thing
himself. Tu quoque." Okay, fine, then the acts of both parties are wrong.
Since this is not a list on either politics or logic, I will refrain from
my inclination to apply logic to the content of Robert's political ... uh
... statement.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx