Re: XYshell and w2k

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:18:13 -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

I can't replicate that. If for example I command "sw
foo", and foo doesn't exist. I get a list of programs
that _are_ running, I pick one by number, and focus SWitches to
it. Does the same error occur if you run, e.g., "sw foo"
from a DOS command line? Both DOS and XyWrite versions of
SWitch work as designed here.

Robert,

I've tried this at the DOS command line and I get the same behaviour. sw foo  brings up a list
of running programs but when I select one, nothing happens and the screen stops responding. If I
Alt-Tab to another program and then back to the DOS window, it will have recovered and I can repeat
the process.

Does sw need the explorer shell running? I use Litestep, not explorer. Could that affect it?
--- Yes it does. I've just reloaded explorer and sw works fine. No wonder you could'nt reproduce
the behaviour. I guess I just have to live with it. Oddly, though, I seem to see no problem with
sw, with litestep, under W98se. My problem, though, now.

Regarding faxing, when I print the Fax driver in W2k, it invokes the fax wizard. I suppose one
needs to be able to communicate, somehow, with the print dialogue box. That is beyond me, however.

Paul