Re: Unsubscribed

I have just received the following message from Nathan. Oh miserie me! What
embarrassment, second only to having your credit card refused at a top
restaurant in front of your girl friend! Bu before I slink away in utter
shame and despondency ... hang on a mo'.

What error messages?
I've been getting all the XyWrite list messages, as can be seen from my
occasional feeble attempts at humour...

I can just envisage the following conversation with sysops at Compuserve.

Me: Excuse me, but I have just been unsubscribed by the XyWrite group
because your server is not working properly. There are a lot of error
messages.

Sysops: What error messages.

Me: Er... Don't know.

Sysops: But have you been getting your email?

Me: Er ... yes. I get quite a lot in fact because of my Internet site,
http://123voyage.com.

Sysops: But you have not been getting the XyWrite messages?

Me: Er ... actually I have been getting them without a problem.

Sorry, Nathan. And even sorrier Carlo as I believe you are taking up the
XyWrite Sysops reins, but this will not do. Before I get involved in such a
meaningless exchange at the very least I have to know what the error
messages say. And really the question has to be put back straight to you.
As I am not alone - witness recent correspondence - the question should be:
what is it about the XyWrite correspondence that generates so many
(probably false) error messages when everything else gets through????

I hope Nathan has not been taking too many lessons from TTG!

Paul Williams