Re: Bill Gates car

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:28:59 +0100

Have you tried Linux? Look, all operating systems have their strengths and
weaknesses. Once you get a handle on them, really struggle with them, 99% of your
troubles are overcome -- and that includes Win9x, of course (and most programs,
too: ignorance is the biggest problem). The issue here is political, not technical
-- specifically, one of collaboration at worst, tacit acquiescence at best. In my
opinion... I don't want to fan these flames, though. Nobody here cares what I
think about it, and vice versa.

> If I correctly realized reading the list, you are using OS/2. I used it for
> few days some years ago (at the time of Windows 3.1), but it did not
> excited me. At that time, it required a lot of memory to work (8MB vs 2MB
> of Windows) and it appeared to me not to be faster; instead, it was
> crashing more frequently than Windows and was not able to run many Windows
> programs. Any way, I agree with you that we should hope in a different
> computer reality. XyWrite is (was?) one of these ways.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx