Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

Robert wrote:
First, I backup the Registry to the Bootdrive (do NOT "Export" it from
REGEDIT, that doesn't work right) -- grabbing the Registry is very
important! -- ERUNT is a good free util that does this (look for it on
Google). (The Registry isn't just one file, it's a bunch of files [called
a "Hive"], and you need them all.)

Thanks. Wouldn't an Xcopy32 with the /h switch do the job without the erunt?
does the actual imagefile creation and then copies to CD, after I've set
up the disk structure with the first CMDfile. (If you want these two
files, I'll ZIP them up & post them, but you probably need a "real" copy
of Rexx, not just a runtime.)
No thanks. I burn CD's only to copy data files--using a hard drive for
basic backup (as close to mirroring as I can get easily).
Be sure when you XCOPY that you grab the hidden|system files, recreate the
directory structure, and verify: switches /H /E /V...
Thanks. And you need /c to keep going past "errors" such as not being able
to copy the swap file.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx