Re: 0ff-Topic: Ink-Stained Wretch

" >>> Mary_Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/09/02 09:57AM >>>
" Irene
"
" >Apologies for an off-topic question. My newspaper needs to know:
" >Where did the phrase "ink-stained wretch" originate?
" >Google has been no help.
"
" You could try the Stumpers-L list - it was set up by reference librarians
" as a place to ask questions that have stumped them; but non-librarians are
" welcome to use it. I've got answers to a couple of hard ones that way.
" Mary Bernard
" mary_bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or

"