Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

Mark,
Hurrah, another 3-ler who's not afraid to admit it! Welcome. III does
everything I need it to.

If you can find your image on CD somewhere, just drag-drop it into a
folder on your XP machine. That'll be easiest. Make sure that the folder
is 'in the path'. You'll need to do this manually. Attached is a screen
shot showing you where to do that; just connect the dots, and add the
following to the last entry in the path:

;[drive letter where xy3 folder is located+colon]\[folder where xy3 is
located]

example

;I:\xy3

if the folder is on the boot partition, then

;%SystemRoot%\[xy3 folder]

This is necessary in order for Xy to find its spelling dictionary, for
example. Otherwise you'll get a 'file not found' message when invoking
certain functions.

You may want or need to tweak the startup.int file a bit to get best
results in XP, and you may need to tweak some things to get good screen
fonts and smooth cursor motion; nothing we haven't solved here.

We'll burn those bridges when we get to them. Let us know how you are
coming along.

Best of luck.

Flash

JPEG image