Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

Thanks for the note, Patricia. I've not even tried running it yet, so
unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions. I'm so green that
I'm looking for a list or a web page that explains the first baby steps
of running Xy III in Windows. I have my original XY III+ on floppies, so
that may be a bit of a problem. Although, I believe I may have a mirror
of an installed version on CD somewhere.
As for III vs 4, I've heard the pitch, and I've experimented with 4 in
the past. I used to own a copy. But III was just etched too nicely into
my neural patterns or something.
Is there any site, thread, or page where the basics of installing xy to
win are explained?

THANKS,
Mark

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Mark Garvey wrote:
Hi. I've been looking through the archive, but haven't come across a clear answer to this question yet. Is it possible, with a minimum of fuss, to run Xywrite III+ within Windows XP?
It sometimes seems as if more people here are still using III than 4.
(WHY I cannot understand. And then I get scolded--gently and
courteously, but scolded, for resisting XP.) So definitely, III runs
on XP. Obvious things: How are you launching? Clicking on editor.exe,
clicking on a batfile (not a good idea, generally), clicking on a
shortcut? Where are you setting properties? Fonts doesn't take unless
done from the properties page invoked by right clicking the titlebar
of an app running in a window. Running full screen or windowed? Are
you logged into editor.exe's directory? Path? What exactly is going
wrong?