Xy and XML

But that's not really what this line of the thread is coming to be about.
It's what to do for people like Adel and now Bob Ashley, who might want
Xy4 for DOS or XyWin and cannot get it legally. I do NOT want to start up
the whole intellectual property brouhaha again. Please. We'll take it as
given that TTG, or its heirs and assigns, owns the code, and the terms of
the original EULA obtain. But that EULA permits a licensee to "transfer
[his] rights under this Agreement on a permanent basis provided you
transfer this agreement, the software, and all accompanying written
materials and retain no copies, and the recipient agrees to the terms of
this Agreement. Any transfer of the software must include the most recent
update and all prior versions."
(That "all prior versions" must refer only to Xy4, not III.)
	What I was wondering was if we could post, on various electronic fora, a
request for anyone who had at one time owned Xy4 or XyWin and no longer
used it (I do know of at least one such ill-advised--to say the
least--person) to contact us and make a formal transfer of rights.
Realistically, we all know people lose or toss the disks and docs of
software they no longer use, so we would have to have the manuals scanned
into PDFs (wasn't someone doing that a while back?). Then we could make
as many copies available to people like Adel and Bob as we had legal
transfers from former users. Does that sound like too much work? I'll
volunteer to keep a database of transfers and assignments.
	Alternatively, might NB be interested in a deal? They presumably have
some sort of rights in the code. If people don't want NB (pace Leslie)
but do want Xy, could we make complete expanded setups of XyDOS and
XyWin, plus PDF docs, available to NB? Then people could pay NB a modest
sum ($50?) for a copy of Xy (call it NB Light) and no support. NB would
get some cash (and possibly fix some of the bugs I keep hearing about),
and people who want Xy could get it at a reasonable price. We'd have to
be prepared for a flood of dumb questions from newbies, but that would
give some of us who are moderately knowledgeable, but not up to Carl and
Robert's level, a chance to be useful by answering them.
	I myself know a couple of people who would, I think, take very kindly to
Xy, but what's the point of telling them about something they cannot get?
Patricia