tame verdict?

I notice that there has been a lot of traffic about Tame recently. Have we
come to a consensus as to it usefulness with XyWrite in a Win2K/XP
environment? I think screen jerkiness is the major annoyance for most of
us. Out of the box, Tame doesn't seem to help that problem. Should I bother
trying to tweak Tame?

BTW, the best settings I have found for Xy IV in a Win2K DOS box are:

Run from a desktop icon, with this "target" or command:
  %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c f:\xy4\editor.exe /e4000  (thanks,
friends)

Window mode, not full screen

Layout --- screen buffer size & window size = 80 width x 50 height

Font --- Lucida Console 14 pt.
The combination of a 50 line high box plus Lucida Console 14pt type comes
close to filling the screen on my Thinkpad from top to bottom, though not
from side to side.

Icon --- I've used a variety of things, some homemade, but I tend to prefer
the fox icon in Moricons.dll from the WINNT\SYSTEM32 subdirectory. (I
suppose the icon was created for Foxpro.) Aside from loving dogs and canines
generally, the fox is a good image for XyWrite: small, quick, alert,
"crafty"...  Let's see, now. WordPerfect would be some kind of lumbering
beast that didn't make the evolutionary cut (what's the friendly looking one
with a long neck and small head?), and Word would be...? Anyone have an
icon for whatsizzname... Friday the 13th guy... Freddy Kruger? Oops. We're
supposed to be nice of Microsoft et al. aren't we? Okay, anyone have an icon
for a golden calf?

Myron