Re: PDF Links possible?

HI Patricia,

There ARE some commands that could be inserted into the text (at least in an
Interleaf file as well as a Framemaker file that could allow you to create
links and links to html files, etc.) I've used these in both of these
programs and they did work. I have not used XY2PDF (i just take the ps output
and double click on it and i automatically get a PDF in OS X) so i don't know
how that would work, or if it would recognize these tags.

If not, you could also ADD these types of links after the fact, if you have
the full Acrobat package. and create the types of lnks you want, but this is
probably not what you want.

To summarize, there are commands that can be inserted to do this, it is a
function of the program generating the PDF to refognize them.

rwiw,

Russ

>Is there some way, in preparing a document for subsequent conversion
>to PDF (using, of course, XY2PDF) to embed some code analogous to an
>HTML XREF one, so that a file so referenced, if in the same directory
>or on the same disk as the PDF, could be opened when the code is
>clicked on? For example, say FAMHIST.txt (and then famhist.pdf) says,
>"here is a picture of our grandfather..." could one then have
>grvater.tif somehow set up so that clicking on that would cause
>Windows or the Mac to open the file with the associated .tif viewer? I
>could, of course, convert the whole thing to HTML, but I'd rather not,
>esp. as there are going to be a lot of odd accents. (In fact, I'm
>thinking I may have to bite the bullet and try ANSIFIED xy.)
>--
>Patricia M. Godfrey
>PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx

So you've wrung your eyes of all your tears
And you caught them in a glass
To save them for some day next year, when you're waxing over your past
And should you ever begin to believe
That the good times was worth all the waste
Find your glass of last year's tears and you take a taste