Re: SBS

Reply to note from "Martin J. Osborne"
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:21:20 -0400

Martin:

> (I'm not clear about how that's useful.)

The idea behind SBS is to be able to edit two parts of the same
document at the same time, in adjacent windows, so that the changes
you make in one window take effect in the other window (if that's
what you want).

It may be an unfamiliar concept, because, as far as I know, no other
word-processor can do it. Neither could XyWrite -- until Robert
exploited an undocumented feature that allows two (or more) editable
copies of the same document to be opened in different windows
simultaneously. The value-added of SBS is that it keeps both
instances of the document in sync.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx