Re: FW: Spanish, screen fonts, HP

Reply to note from "Harriet Hodges"  Sun, 3
Apr 2005 11:24:25 -0400

> Part of my problem is that I seem inadvertently to have not
> loaded the screen fonts when I reinstalled Xy4 a month back.

The screen fonts are the Bitstream Speedo OutLine (raster) fonts,
with filenames ending in .SPD, plus a file called DEFAULT.FNT. You
need to make sure of two things. One, these files must be
physically present on your disk. If they are not, you can download
them here:

http://www.xywrite.com/xy4/btfonts/btfonts.htm

Choose link "All the Above Files (zipped)". Unzip this file into
your chosen directory. These are typically located in the BTFONTS
subdirectory of the main Xy4 directory (the directory that contains
EDITOR.EXE). But you can locate them in the main Xy4 directory if
you prefer.

Two, you must tell Editor where the Speedo files are. Open
SETTINGS.DFL and SEarch for "df ol=". It should point to the
directory that contains the .SPD files. For example,

; Location of Speedo OutLine fonts
df ol=c:\xy4\btfonts\

Edit SETTINGS.DFL as needed, SAve it and restart XyWrite.

There is never a need to reinstall Xy4 in order to move it to a new
computer. Once you have a working setup, back it up (Xy4 main
directory and all subdirectories), and when the time comes just
copy the files to the new computer. If the drive letter or path
location of your XyWrite files changes on the new machine, you'll
need to edit the various path statements in SETTINGS.DFL (keep
SEarching for "\" and make sure all of the file locations are
correct).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx