RE: coming back to xywrite

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:56:53 -0400

> All this was much better than using Ultravision, which I have and
> will loan if you need it and cannot find somewhere else.

Opinions differ. I swear by Ultravision. Bigger monitors and eyeglasses don't
obviate Ultravision!

The firm (Personics) that produced Ultravision is long dead. But UV floats around
anyway, passing from hand to hand. It adds about 50% to the screen resolution,
and it isn't a trick either: the improvement is real, and achieved entirely in
software. Impressive! If anybody wants to install UV, they need to acquire, not
someone's else's installation (which is tailored during the install process to
individual monitors and hence is _not portable_), but rather the original
install diskettes (which can be ZIPped up and installed out of a hard disk
directory). If anybody has v2.15 or later for desktops, I wouldn't mind
hearing about it, actually. There were separate desktop and laptop versions of
UV. A really wonderful product (for DOS text-mode applications only).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx