Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

Hi: Mimi:
 Welcome to the world of XYWrite. I've been
using XYWrite since the early 1980's (version one)
as put out by XYQUEST. Later it was sold to IBM
(they renamed it and sold it back to XYQuest).
TTG bought it and started using the prefix XW
rather than the previous XY prefix. Why, I don't
know, except to differentiate it from the XYQuest
product. TTG has NOt seen fit to exploit the
sensational advantages of the product. Why, I
don't have the foggiest idea, except maybe they
are concentrating on their other products - legal
(litigation) support. Maybe our friend Ken Frank
can answer this, I know I can't.
 I've been using XWin 4 for some time and find it
VEY acceptable. There are those in the user
group, like me, that have been exposed (in my case
because of job related requirments) to the other
two "major" word processors: Word (UGH) and
WordPrefect (Double UGH)! While I do a lot of
writting - both in corresondence and other forms,
my major use is in HTML (e.g. pure ASCII) for my
inetrnet web site. IT IS A GREAT TOOL! By far my
preference in word processing - as is the case for
most of the members of this group) is XYWRITE,
regardless of the vintage or version. I use it in
support of my E-mail process both for incoming
mail (save-as to file extension MAI) and to
prepare outgoing mail (file extension SND); I use
the clipboard to move the prepared text to the
message template..
 Your refwerence to COREL implies some image
work. I use the suite of capabilities from ULEAD
rather than from COREL, mainly from habit as I am
used to their capabilities especially in the
generation of thumbnails for my web site.
 I hope this answers your questions and again,
welcome to this group.
Dick Giering