Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

Mimi:

The point of upgrading to XyWin is that SmartWords is a beta version
that will not be revised, so it will hardly be stable enough for a
business to depend on. But XyWin itself is considerably more stable than
Word, and at least as stable as WordPerfect.

You may have a third option for email. Netscape Communicator, any
version from 4.0 up, integrates an email function that will do anything
Eudora will. The advantage of integration is enormous, all the more so
because it also includes an Internet newsgroup client and a simple but
generally adequate WWW file (HTML) editor. If I see a Web address in an
email message, for instance, clicking on it takes me directly to the
site, and from the site I can send an email message with one click.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science