Re: The Monolith (was: As long as everyone else is doing it...)

>But when I read
>
>>I'm getting very tired of this monolithic Windows95/98 which
>>shuts out everything but itself.
>
>I wonder what, if anything, this means. Certainly 95 does not "shut
out"
>Xy in any way.

My statement was more an expression of frustration than a logically
defensible thesis. Nevertheless the root idea is that, as the world
becomes more and more filled with Microsoft and only Microsoft, there
will be less and less freedom for those of us who don't like those
products. I hear continually about this and that person who is being
forced to give up his favorite operating system or program in order to
"conform to our standards." I am wary of the oppressive nature of
monopolies. So forgive my somewhat incoherent expression of frustration.

Shawn Harrison
Associate Editor
Tyndale House Publishers
shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
"The legal system is not fun, but it *is* an improvement
over duels and feuds." --Harvey Harrison, attorney