Re: XP/Vbox/Win 8.1

The technique that Carl described might work, but I would still suggest
using a folder in the VBox guest for editing with XyWrite and
transferring the results to and fro between the host and the guest. If
you have a shortcut for your Win 8 desktop in the VBox guest, you can
just drop the file onto that and have it appear on the desktop on the
other side.

There is another way to call Xy files from the host side. Make an
association in the guest operating system for .XY with EDITOR.EXE as the
program to edit the files, and use a file manager in the guest operating
system to start the .XY file ny doubleclicking while browsing the
contents of the share on the host side.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)