Re: Signature v Xy4DOS

> I discovered colleagues at the Australian National University who
> also used XyWrite. They are still with III+ and facing some pressure
> to go to a recent version of Word. I told them about Xy4 and XyWin.
> While discussing the merits of Xy4, one said he had tried Signature
> and not liked it. He asked what was the difference between Xy4 and
> Sig. I know that Xy4 was built out of Signature, but that's about
> all. Can anyone tell me exactly what the difference is and how Xy4 is
> better than Signature?

I'm also still using XyWrite III+. I've built quite a few lengthy macros
(some up to 8k long), and find them incredibly powerful and useful. Is
there a newer version of Xysomething that will allow me to continue using
them (without too much conversion)? I'm now running Windows NT4, and am
forced to run XyWrite in a full-screen session because of NT's dreadful DOS
Window performance (the startup.int file loads a character at a time!!). A
strange thing about XyWrite III+ is its dates. A directory listing now
shows 1980 as the year for any file modified after 31st December 1995.