Signature v Xy4DOS

Hi folks,

Well, I'm just back from my research trip to the National Library
(Australia) in Canberra. Canberra is about the distance from Perth
(west coast) as L.A. is from Washington, in case you're interested.
For my note taking, I used Xy4 on my 4 year old laptop running OS/2.
Just before departure, as a result of someone on this list mentioning
Ultravision, I found the disks that came with the laptop and
installed UV to load before Xy4 in a DOS full-screen session. Worked
beautifully and gave me a much more readable b&w laptop screen.

I discovered colleagues at the Australian National University who
also used XyWrite. They are still with III+ and facing some pressure
to go to a recent version of Word. I told them about Xy4 and XyWin.
While discussing the merits of Xy4, one said he had tried Signature
and not liked it. He asked what was the difference between Xy4 and
Sig. I know that Xy4 was built out of Signature, but that's about
all. Can anyone tell me exactly what the difference is and how Xy4 is
better than Signature?

Thanks,
John G.

Dr J.L. Gordon