Re: XY on tiny screen

Michael, thanks for this. This is still just for Windows settings--not what's within program windows--but unlike Accessibility, it doesn't slam Windows default fonts back onto all my lovingly chosen custom fonts from Properties/Advanced.

Michael Norman wrote:

> Right click open desktop-->Properties-->Settings
> tab-->Advanced--DPI
> settings for screen items. Push it to 120 and experiment.

 I transfer my Theme from computer to computer--like XyWrite--but I thought I had to change each
font size for the smaller screens. This eliminates that, at least. But programs that don't allow you
to customize font size within the window are unaffected.

----------------------

Bill Troop wrote:

> Jon, re space saving, it may not be in the dimensions you
> want, but
> what about Apple's ultraportable?**

As for Apple's "ultraportable," that's the MacBook Air? They went after the wrong
parameter--thickness. Looks great in photos. Very Hollywood. But it weighs 3 lbs. I wish they'd
look at the etymology of portable: to be carried.

The U810 weighs 1.8 lbs. (My other mini Fujitsu, the P1610 with the 8.9" screen, is 2.2 lbs.)
The extra pound makes a big difference carried in a shoulder bag at a rock festival that runs 17
hours nonstop.

Jon Pareles