Re: Refresh rates (XyDos in XP Window)

At 3/1/2003 08:54 AM -0800, J. R. Fox wrote:

I think we're talking about separate issues here, and that -- as you speculated -- the XyDos running in W2K or XP is an OS / VDM phenomenon. Nothing like it occurs in the OS/2 or eCS Dosbox, regardless of what hardware you have. (Robert identified a *different* issue, involving the speed of certain processes on CPUs faster than 1Ghz.)
Okay, I see what Robert was getting at. VDM's seem to defy an easy work-around (Browse http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/other/hh/other/vdd_24px.asp). I sent a note to the author of Mo'slo asking if he thinks his program addresses our problem. Michael Norman