Re: Refresh rates (XyDos in XP Window)

I wrote to the developer of Mo'Slo4biz and here's his reply. Perhaps
someone can interpret parts of this. Thanks.

≪I doubt that a jerky cursor would be smoothed by use of Mo'Slo 4BIZ, but it
is conceivable. XyWrite may be writing to video registers or display buffer
instead of using MS-DOS calls. [ANY COMMENT HERE?] Win2K/XP would have to trap and translate, and, as some of your members surmise, may be redrawing the entire window for every character. Up to a point, Mo'Slo 4BIZ's Win32 slowdown takes CPU time from the slowed application and makes it available for other tasks. If the
redraw is happening asynchronously in a kernel function, it might get done
faster. [AND HERE?] On the other hand, Mo'Slo 4BIZ will also be taking CPU time from
threads in NTVDM.EXE, so the problem might be worsened.
Have you tried running XyWrite using a Windows shortcut and setting the idle
sensitivity all the way low in the 'Misc' properties of the shortcut?≫

If anyone has any questions or comments for him, I'll pass them on.

Michael Norman