Re: Save selected DF block to file without EOF marker?

Carl

Hmmm, I just remembered something that may be relevant here. When you
use the Wordport conversion filters, but not the old WFW ones, if you,
say, convert a Word or a text document to Xy4, it puts in the docinfo
and it doesn't go away. I found this out the hard way when the finished
Quark files would turn it up.

Therefore I always tell Wordport to convert the files to Xy3+.

cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Leslie:
Could it be that Russ has conflicts between settings.dfl and a(nother) printer file and/or startup.int? If this were happening to me, that's what I'd check next.
He swears up and down that DocInfo is off (IO=0). Yet the "junk" that's being appended after EOF is, evidently, DocInfo. If, immediately before executing any SAD command, he tests VA/NV $IO and it reports 1, then there must be a conflict or user error somewhere. If it reports 0, then the appended junk is not DocInfo (however much it may look like DocInfo), and the source of the junk lies elsewhere. That said, I am unable to reproduce Russ's problem when DocInfo is disabled.
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup