Re: Clip and OOM and WInword

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Sat,
28 Jan 2006 19:53:04 -0500

Patricia:

>> On the other, since this particular wheel already exists in
>> U2, why not just go with it?
>
> Because Jon Pareles has something haywire in his system that
> makes it not work.

So you keep saying, but why? The debugging exercise in this thread
has been all about CLIP, not SA/RTF. When Jon mentioned, in an
aside, that SA/RTF was returning a blank screen, I was able to
reproduce that right away, and fixed it. I thought *I'd* explained
*that*. At least, the fix works here; I'd be much obliged to know
whether it works for him and others. What's more, if the something
haywire in his system trips up SA/RTF, odds are it'll trip up your
workaround too. At bottom, your procedure and mine are the same.
They both execute the relevant WFW filter commands via a BATch file;
SA/RTF just writes and executes the BATch file on the fly, that's
all.

I'm not marking territory, just driving home the point that no one,
including Jon, need wait until he unravels his CLIP enigma before
testing the fix to SA/RTF. If you prefer to launch your BATch file
from a Desktop shortcut instead of the CMline, go right ahead!
To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to. But if one worked while the other didn't,
that would be strange.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx