Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

--- Russ Urquhart  wrote:

> Due to I think a lot of the driver issues, a lot of
> Vista adopters
> are downgrading back to XP. With a lot of large
> companies not
> planning deployment for some time. TI has stated
> they will not go to
> Vista, and encourage the employees not to put it on
> their machines.
> They plan a deployment probably in the 2009
> timeframe.

One of my neighbors is a senior programmer and
consultant, going way back, who has done contract work
for MS off and on. He seems to be generally well
informed about whatever is going on. The last time I
spoke to him, he told me that Vista is bombing out big
time. (I'm referring to sales and widespread
acceptance, not the technical / performance end of it.
 I know almost nothing about the latter, and have no
plans to "Vista-fy.")

 Jordan