Re: Countchars

Carl Distefano wrote:
So, here is a revision that has the option to modify the /NF switch
by counting footnotes, headers, footers, any embedded text (just the
text, not nested formatting). Instructions are in the new Help
screen, also below.

Carl,
Very fine revision. The routine works perfectly and it's an example of the pure XyWrite style: power and flexibility. There is a spelling mistake in you help frame: "FM1" and "FM2" should be "FN1" and "FN2". And, it's obvious, users must delete the previous version of the U2 Countchars routine before adding the new one. I have discovered a minor detail we can think about. The routine counts the number of the note in text (OK, it's a printed character) but it doesn't count the page number, if present, in the header/footer. I think this is the right approach to the matter but I would like to hear George Scithers about this point.
Anyhow, congratulations again.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao