Re[2]: Edit multiple copies of a file

≪Has anyone coded their .kbd to put two files in horizontally split windows
via a keystroke? I guess you could do it with the window n,n,n,n command, or
is their an easier way?≫

I use a coded key to split the screen horizontally and open a file of names
and phone numbers I use when writing a weekly newsletter. Here is the
control key sequence:

nn=BC,w,i,n,d,o,w, ,9, ,4,5, ,1, ,3,4, ,2,2,XC,BC,e,d, ,n,a,m,e,s,.,x,y,3,XC

   With my newsletter already full screen, this keystroke opens a
   horizontal window and fills it with the names.xy3 file. I toggle to
   the file with CTrl-Shift 9, and come back with Alt-F10 and then F7 to
   copy the name and phone number into my newsletter file. The only weird
   thing that happens is the highlight of the name and phone number
   disappears; it appears like normal text when returning to window 9.
   Thus, it's necessary to do an F3 to release the define (even though
   it's not visably defined) before defining another name and phone
   number.

   Jim Eberle  jeberle@xxxxxxxx