bbs bs

I don't agree that the software publishers should, exclusively, bear
the costs of nabbing software pirates or that it's inappropriate to
spend tax dollars to fund police work aimed at catching software
pirates. Should retail merchants solely bear the cost of robberies?
Is it *their* problem and nobody elses? Perhaps I misunderstood your
message, but it seems that you apply a different standard to software
theft than you do to any other legal issue in which police may be asked
to participate.