Re: WinText

In message <199704041929.OAA16659@xxxxxxxx> pienciak@xxxxxxxx (Pienciak) writes:
> I am about to rejoin the fulltime workforce at a place that
> apparently still uses Atex or Atex-successor software. I've
> been using XY3+ for years self-employed, also OS2 Warp.
> Someone mentioned that I'll be using something called
> WinText under Windows 95. I am just curious if anyone on the
> list has heard of this and whether it is like XyWrite or
> totally different? If it is like Xy, which one--3+, 4DOS, or
> Win? As always, thanks.

Wintext is an Atex terminal emulation program that runs under
Win 3.x, Windows 95 and OS/2.

As regards XyWrite, Wintext is the ORIGINAL XyWrite. It's the Atex
editor that Dave Ericson, et al, ported to DOS, founded XyQuest...and
the rest was history.

Wintext was written by an ex-Atex programmer named Robert Cook, who
conceived the idea while working as a consultant for my employer
News International Newspapers (The Times, Sunday Times, Sun, News of
the World, etc) here in London.

We currently run it on around 400 Windows-based PCs, replacing an equal
number of Atex dedicated terminals.

Robert Cook's company is called Softek and has offices in Australia
and the US.
--
Joel Houplin News International Newspapers  jhl@xxxxxxxx