Re: XyWrite 4.11 for Windows

Eric--
  I have run into similar problems with XyWrite for Windows.
The system crashes when I try to do certain kinds of searches.
Also when printing XyWrite for DOS files with XyWrite for
Windows, I have gotten incompatibility messages regarding screen
and printer fonts mismatching. Text versions show up at the
printer as long strings of 0000000's. I also get system crashes
with the message "Protection Violation." I am waiting for tech
support to send me 4.11 or 4.12.

Kiyoshi

Forwarded message begins here:
> > Registered User: Eric K. Glunt
>          Psychology Department
>          Univeristy of California
>          Davis, California  95616
> >          WkPh: (916) 757-3344   FAX: (916)
753-2527
> >     Serial: W60-3040-645-Q
> > 1.   Please send/FAX information about any XyWrite 4.11 Update.
 > >   The current program crashes several times a week on both
my office
>   machine and my laptop/home machine. I particularly have
problems
>     with menu driven search and replace... command line
search and >     replace seem to function fine. Often have
problems with screen
>   fonts, particulary working on files originally generated
with a >     DOS version of XyWrite 4 and using your print
drivers. My office
>   machine is a 486/33... Home laptop is a 486/50-25.
> > 2.   Are there any reported problems working with XyWrite on a
compressed
>   disk? IBID for Nota Bene, for example will not work on a
compressed
>     drive.
> > 3.   I received information on a DOS XyWrite version of the
IBID >   bibliographic program. Is this program compatible with
XyWrite for >  Windows, or more to the point, is there a Windows
version of IBID?